Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to print data in a pre-printed form?

By
Kitti Upariphutthiphong
on 6/14/14, 1:10 PM 1,738 views

Pre-Printed form is the form that already have all the layout designed. What we want is to put data in the form (ie.., SO, Invoice).

There is many report engine in Odoo, i.e., RML, Webkit, QWeb, etc., but none of them seem to be capable of printing in a pre-printed format (which need pixel perfect positioning). The only way I can do it is through iReport (jasper_report).

But given I want to be away from Jasper which is Java. Are there any Odoo's compatible report engine capable of printing in such form?

(The reason I want to be away from Java is becuase it consume memory, and jasper_report seem not to work with multi-processing, https://www.odoo.com/forum/Help-1/question/jasper_reports-not-work-for-multiprocessing-mode---workers-54321)

klacus
On 6/15/14, 12:13 AM

Hi.

I use the pre form creation RML. In ISO TS you need all of the form in empty mode, and you have to create some workinstruction for how to fill it. In this case I have I special report what is not include all of the data, just the format.

Bye.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 6/14/14, 1:10 PM
Seen: 1738 times
Last updated: 8/17/16, 12:36 AM