Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to prevent some modules from loading

By
E. C.
on 5/9/13, 4:59 PM 1,835 views

I upgrade a module that I made but for some reason it broke openerp, now I cant logged in and need openerp to not load that module, how can I do that?

How can I updated it from terminal?

E. C.
on 5/9/13, 6:25 PM

Cyril Gaspard (GEM)

--Cyril Gaspard (GEM)--
| 5 6 8
Paris, France
--Cyril Gaspard (GEM)--

Forum contributor since 2008

Cyril Gaspard (GEM)
On 5/11/13, 8:47 AM

Hi,

use pgadminIII and go to the table ir_module_module, search the line of your module, and change field state to "uninstalled" (without quote).

bye

Sudhir Arya (SA)

--Sudhir Arya (SA)--
| 6 8 8
Ahmedabad, India
--Sudhir Arya (SA)--

Working as an OpenERP/Odoo developer and a Team Leader 

Top 5 Odoo contributor On Stackoverflow

LinkedIn

Blog

Stackoverflow

Sudhir Arya (SA)
On 5/9/13, 6:37 PM

First you have to make that module error free and update that module from terminal in you are using ubuntu.

You can update module from terminal by -d your_database_name -u your_module_name options.

For example:

python openerp-server ../addons,../openerp-web/addons -d my_test_db -u my_custom_module

Here, -d means database -u means update

This options will update my module in OpenERP database.

You can find more options by --help.

Instead of that the esay way is to just delete or move the module folder from addons folder and then restart OpenERP server and try to log in. You will be able to login easily! :)

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 5/9/13, 4:59 PM
Seen: 1835 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM