Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to modify a ir.actions.act_window name?

By
Juan Formoso
on 2/9/15, 6:52 AM 1,098 views

I modified the name of an existing menuitem (Customers in Sales). I did it this way:

<record model="ir.ui.menu" id="base.menu_partner_form">
     <field name="name">Contacts</field>
</record>

It's working, but to see the changes, I have to load the translation and synchronize the terms.

The problem is when I try to modify the name of an ir.actions.act_window. I applied the same method but it only worked the first time. Then, I had to load again the translation and synchronize the terms due to other reasons, and both menuitem and action removed my changes. When I repeated again the process, only the menuitem loaded my changes.

This is the code of the action:

<record id="base.action_partner_form" model="ir.actions.act_window">
     <field name="name">Contacts</field>
</record>

Am I doing it well? Why is this happening?

Temur

--Temur--
| 6 5 7
Tbilisi, Georgia
--Temur--
Programmer
Temur
On 2/9/15, 8:34 AM

A workaround for your case may be to translate "Customers" as "Contacts" for that view in PO file, without adding above records in XML.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 2/9/15, 6:52 AM
Seen: 1098 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM