Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to make vertical separator or empty space between the fields in form view ?

Ahmed elbarbary
on 4/6/15, 5:05 AM 2,202 views

i want to make a separator between the fields in the form view because i have many fields in the form view and i need to separate between them to make it easy to check fields.

i am using OpenERP v7

Cyril Gaspard (GEM)

--Cyril Gaspard (GEM)--
| 5 6 8
Paris, France
--Cyril Gaspard (GEM)--

Forum contributor since 2008

Cyril Gaspard (GEM)
On 4/6/15, 5:55 AM

you can insert directly characters between 2 fields which will be displayed in form view ;

<field name="module_file" colspan="4"/> |  <field name="force"/>

Samuel Chamberland
On 9/8/16, 2:44 PM

I also stumbled into a similar problem. Manually inserting a non-breaking space (&nbsp;) between the fields did not work - even when using its Unicode value.

I ended up using an 'invisible comma' (&#x2063;).

eg. <field name="some field"/>&#x2063;<field name="some other field"/>
Ahmed elbarbary
On 4/14/15, 5:03 AM

Really i was asking for a line seperator between two fields because i have two sets of field and i want to make a line space betwwen the two fields : i do that by adding new field called space :

in .py file :

'space': fields.char(' ', readonly=True)

in .xml file :

<field name="space"/> 

the result is empty line space.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Asked: 4/6/15, 5:05 AM
Seen: 2202 times
Last updated: 9/8/16, 2:44 PM