Odoo Help

Josh Stover
On 10/31/13, 1:27 PM

I believe I have figured out how the workflow is set up to solve this issue without having to make a customization. When you have a product that you stock, but you dropship it when your stock levels run out, do the following.

Product Set Up: Stockable product Make to stock Supply method: buy

1. Enter and confirm the sales order.
  2. Click Check Availability on the delivery order.
  3. Run the scheduler At this point if it was a MtO product a PO quote would be created. Since this is a MtS product, there will be a procurement exception created indicating: "Not enough stock and no minimum orderpoint rule defined"
  4. Within the procurement exception, click the retry button.
  5. Click edit, and change the procurement method to Make to Order.
  6. Save the procurement exception and click Run Procurement again

At this point the OpenERP workflow processes this backorder as a MtO product and a purchase order quote will automatically be generated and tied to this sales order.

I do believe that another product type such as "Make to Stock First, Make to Order Second" would be better and I hope that OpenERP adds this functionality so that this is done automatically. But in the meantime, this is how it can be done without making major changes to your installation.

Trung
On 9/19/14, 7:34 AM

We have this function developed for openerp7 (ecommerce operation) by Trobz. We did not control the source code so you should contact http://trobz.com/ for the code. Basically we alter the mrp_scheduler to check for existing stock before rasing purchase order of Make to order product type. 

Dan Stoica
On 7/12/18, 4:57 AM

In v11, the solution given by Josh (Reordering rule: min: 0 max: 0 multiple: 1) works fine.
Thanks, Josh!

Jan
On 5/9/16, 6:56 AM

Hello

Does anyone know whether this problem is solved in v8?

regards

Jan

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now

Question tools

10 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 7/2/13, 6:48 PM
Seen: 16915 times
Last updated: 7/12/18, 4:57 AM