Odoo Help

How to "Make to Order" from POS

By
Jim Tambling
on 4/14/17, 4:51 PM 516 views

Some background:

We buy beer in barrels and sell it by the glass.. I have a "Barrel of Beer" product (route: Buy) that I use to "manufacture" the product "Beer" (route: Make to Order, Manufacture). This allows me to have real stock levels of the barrels of beer.

When I sell beer through a sales order, a manufacturing order is generated and I have to run it manually. Once completed the stock level of my barrels of beer decreases accordingly. 

What I would like to do is to be  able to sell the beer through the POS and for the MO to be processed automatically. I think I need to change the way the routing is set up, but I'm a bit green on that subject, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Jim

Also, can someone explain how I generate the MO from a POS order?

Tiger ICT, Jim Tambling
on 4/15/17, 8:02 AM
Ray Carnes
On 4/14/17, 7:32 PM

Have a look at AUTOMATED ACTIONS.  

https://www.odoo.com/documentation/10.0/reference/actions.html

You can create one which is triggered each time a Manufacturing Order is created to complete it automatically.

(If you create a database with demo data, you can review Set Auto Followers on leads which are urgent and come from USA

Hi Ray, thanks for the link. I will take a look, however not been a coder, I'm not sure how far I will get :) I would have thought Odoo would do this "out of the box", but I'm not going to be that lucky.

Tiger ICT, Jim Tambling
on 4/15/17, 3:53 AM

About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register

Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 4/14/17, 4:51 PM
Seen: 516 times
Last updated: 4/16/17, 3:32 AM