This question has been flagged
1 Reply

Since a week I can't figure out why I keep getting an error if I choose French as my chart of accounts setting with a point of sale installation !

With a fresh new DB with just the accounting and POS modules installed and a French chart of account selected during the accounting installation I always get an error when closing my POS session ! I tried the same config with 2 or 3 other chart of accounts and it worked perfectly.

Here is the operations I am performing on my openERP 7 server :

I install from scratch a new database with only 2 modules accounting and point of sale, then I configure the POS module by creating 3 payments : Cash (with opening check and cash control), Check and Credit card. I attach those 3 payments method at the "main" point of sale and open a new session. I make a sale entry, select the payment mode and validate the sale. When I close the session, I keep getting a validation error because one of the account used by the POS process can't be an view account type.

1), none of the accounts I set in the POS payments are views and 2) this only happens if I choose the french chart of accounts ! Any Help would be very much appreciated to solve this crazy case !

Discard
Best Answer

You cannot make any accounting entry onto an account set up with the "view" attribute! Change the view type for a normal one and it should work! :)

Discard
Author

I told you that none of my accounts are a view !

Author

In fact if I update the table account_account and set all account of type 'view' to 'other' it works. Do you know which account could be concerned beside the one I can see when I set up the POS module ?