This question has been flagged

I have a small nonprofit.  We donate computer equipment to underprivileged schools in the Philippines.  The equipment is donated to us, we then repurpose that equipment into something that the students can use and then we ship to the schools.

Inventory control is priority.  I need to know how much equipment of which kind are on the self and what state they might be in.  Do they need to be built, or are they ready to be shipped....  I also need to be able to document the business that donate to us, and I need to be able to document the schools who have applied for equipment donations. 

I've looked at several open source solutions, including odoo previously.  Unfortunately they all seem to be geared to businesses or a specific industry and I have challenges finding something that fits our needs.  odoo itself is really overkill for our needs and is geared for larger companies, but I've circled back around and I really want to make it work for me. 

Since we are nonprofit and everything is built on open source, I want my solution to be open source as well so I am working with the community version (plus its all we can afford).  

The inventory module is easy to figure out, but how do I track the business that donate equipment to us?  And how do I track the schools that request equipment?  How do I track shipping?  We use a custom shipper but I need to be able to add that shipper’s information in so I can print shipping labels.  Is that possible?  I would also like to be able to have a bar code that I can print and adhere to the box that when I scan it, I can immediately tell which machine via serial number, is in that box.  

So if someone can steer me to the correct module(s) that I need to be able to accomplish some of this, I will appreciate it.

Thanks

Daryl

Discard

You can customize odoo modules by yourself: https://old.reddit.com/r/learnopenerp/