This question has been flagged

I am struggling with this and was hoping someone had a good trick for locating the rights for a given feature.

As an example I had created a test user for our sales to try out our test system. The test user had user rights to projects and can see own leads in sales.

Logging in as admin and looking at the “Access control list” it seems that the user now has proper rights to tasks however the test user can’t assign tasks to others.

It would have been a lot more helpful if the error had an id included rather than Access denied (Document type: Task, Operation: read)

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Discard

have you checked the group rules? many times there are access rules implemented as group rules

Author

Gustavo, thank you for the comment. There are no rules assigned to Project.Users and the only rules applied to Sales.SeeOwnLeads are those that restrict the view to only leads assigned to the current user. Sadly this is not the first time I come across strange rights issues which makes me wonder if anyone out there have made a script that removes all the rights and re-create in a usable configuration.