This question has been flagged
5 Replies

Hi,

I need to know how to link multiple customers to one project. I guess there's an easy way to do it, but I can't find it.

Does anybody know?

Thank you!

Discard

can you be more specific what you want achieve?

Author

Sure! I'm trying to configure OpenERP for a law firm. Let's say 2 customers (Bob and Jane) come to see a lawyer because they want him to write a contract. The lawyer will open a new file and will give it a number (for example, # 101-101). In OpenERP, that file will be a project called "101-101". When you create a project in OpenERP, you can link a customer to it. The only problem is that you can't link multiple customers to one project. In our example, I can link the project 101-101 to Bob or to Jane, but I cannot link it to both.

@Alexandre Dufresne:- you can refer my question. I am also faced this problem , did you done that ??

I faced the same question times ago, me too while implementing Odoo for a law firm. Actually, if you focus on the result, the final target is to invoice the customer for the service - even if it sounds rude :) From this point of view, you actually have TWO customers. Referencing two different projects.

Best Answer

Alexandre Dufresne

You can easily link customer to Project by making them followers of that Project

Discard