Odoo Help

How to install web layer in OpenERP 8 as a stand-alone HTTP server

By
Sam
on 5/15/15, 11:26 AM 835 views

I know that from version 6.1, Odoo was made to be all-in-one for several reasons. And I understand that in OpenERP server tier, there're 2 layers: Web server (or Client-Web) layer that deals with HTTP requests, and OpenERP server that communicates with database. Also, I found in this documentation about OpenERP Servers Developersfor v7.0 (https://media.readthedocs.org/pdf/openerp-server/latest/openerp-server.pdf), it is clearly mentioned that the Web layer "It is a WSGI-compliant application. As such, it can be run as a stand-alone HTTP server or embedded inside OpenERP."

Does anyone know possible ways to install those 2 layers of Odoo 8 as stand-alone, in 2 connected server? I've been searching but I have no clue.

Does it mean I have to manually split the source code (like 2 different packages of source in OpenERP 6.0), or does it mean I need to install a web server in another machine and config somehow so that it can deploy openerp source code?

Thank you!

About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register

Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 5/15/15, 11:26 AM
Seen: 835 times
Last updated: 5/15/15, 11:26 AM