Odoo Help

how to install OpenERP for a newbie?

By
Varun
on 7/23/13, 8:15 AM 1,361 views

hi,

I downloaded OpenERP for windows and installed it on my Laptop and its working but whats the difference by installing it on a server than on a laptop with windows.

can i continue to use OpenERP on windows laptop or i have to install it on a Server please help we are a 5 person small business company.

Varun
on 7/23/13, 9:01 AM
Alain Ivars
On 7/23/13, 9:38 AM

The main difference is you will certainly get with you you laptop (to meet a customer, by example) and the other 4 persons can't access to it at that time. The best way is to install it on desktop or on server in the desk or chose a saas solution. If you want installed on windows desktop/server the link is here:

• for Windows: doc.openerp.com/v7.0/install/windows/
  • for linux : www.theopensourcerer.com/2012/12/how-to-install-openerp-7-0-on-ubuntu-12-04-lts/
  • video : www.openerpvideos.com/media/install-openerp-7-on-ubuntu-1210-complete-step-by-
Antanas
On 7/23/13, 8:45 AM

Server is, very likely, going to be on Linux. The process is quite well documented here.

About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register

Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 7/23/13, 8:15 AM
Seen: 1361 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM