Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to install module from launchpad?

By
george
on 8/1/13, 2:22 PM 2,571 views

Hello dear OpenERP experts.

I'm (very) new to OpenERP, so please excuse my dumb question; someone once said that 'there are no stupid questions, only stupid answers'.

I'm interested in trying the OpenERP Partner and Contact Management (found at code.launchpad.net/partner-contact-management) module from launchpad on my default OpenERP 7.0 Windows Install.

What are the necessary steps in order to install the above module?

Thank you for any pointers, George.

Marc Cassuto

--Marc Cassuto--
| 4 4 8
Montreal, Canada
--Marc Cassuto--

Marc Cassuto
On 8/1/13, 7:04 PM

Hello George,

First of all code.launchpad.net/partner-contact-management is not a module; it is a repository that contains multiple modules (7).

you need to install bazaar on your system and its GUI : http://wiki.bazaar.canonical.com/WindowsDownloads http://doc.bazaar.canonical.com/explorer/en/

Then, you need to get this branch on your server : bzr branch lp:partner-contact-management

You now get a new directory "partner-contact-management" and you have tell OpenERP there are some modules located here. You do this by adding the path to the ADDON parameter of your openerp config's file.

Once done, restart openerp reload module list from "Configuration\Modules"

You can now install these modules.

Regards, Marc

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 8/1/13, 2:22 PM
Seen: 2571 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM