This question has been flagged
1 Reply

Hello,

I'm lacking the possibility to use product variants in my openerp v7 installation, I tried to figure it out myself but I have to admit i got completely stuck.

I installed openerp on debian from the openerp server via apt-get and everything worked fine, except there are no product variants.

I tried to install product_variants_multi from launchpad by "bzr branch lp:~akretion-team/openerp-product-variant/migr-v7-wip" into the addon folder but this just changes nothing.

Could anyone please give me a step by step explanation how to get product variants (single level is enough) up and running on a debian system.

Thanks in Advance

Discard

I am trying to follow this but don't quite get it. I found out "bzr branch lp:~akretion-team/openerp-product-variant/migr-v7-wip" is a terminal command in linux, How would you get this installed on a windows all-in-one system (which I am still playing on)? I know a route by downloading a module .zip from v6apps.openerp.com/ and then copying it into your addons folder. But that seems not to be the right approach here, right?

Best Answer

You must go into the user technical settings and enable the product variant management for the user you are logged in as. When that happens you should see new screens

Discard

I am sorry to ask, but where is this section where we can enable this? Thank you in advance.

I have the same problem here.

I see under settings>users>my user>Access Rights Product variations (not supported) What should I do?