Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to install/enable product variants in openerp v7 step by step?

By
jns
on 3/17/13, 7:22 AM 2,827 views

Hello,

I'm lacking the possibility to use product variants in my openerp v7 installation, I tried to figure it out myself but I have to admit i got completely stuck.

I installed openerp on debian from the openerp server via apt-get and everything worked fine, except there are no product variants.

I tried to install product_variants_multi from launchpad by "bzr branch lp:~akretion-team/openerp-product-variant/migr-v7-wip" into the addon folder but this just changes nothing.

Could anyone please give me a step by step explanation how to get product variants (single level is enough) up and running on a debian system.

Thanks in Advance

I am trying to follow this but don't quite get it. I found out "bzr branch lp:~akretion-team/openerp-product-variant/migr-v7-wip" is a terminal command in linux, How would you get this installed on a windows all-in-one system (which I am still playing on)? I know a route by downloading a module .zip from v6apps.openerp.com/ and then copying it into your addons folder. But that seems not to be the right approach here, right?

gunnar
on 3/22/13, 9:42 PM

AJ Schrafel Paper Corp

--AJ Schrafel Paper Corp--
| 4 5 8
Bronx, United States
--AJ Schrafel Paper Corp--

Exploring OpenERP for business

AJ Schrafel Paper Corp
On 3/17/13, 1:50 PM

You must go into the user technical settings and enable the product variant management for the user you are logged in as. When that happens you should see new screens

I am sorry to ask, but where is this section where we can enable this? Thank you in advance.

josh g
on 10/29/13, 9:06 PM

I have the same problem here.

VVolt
on 11/7/13, 1:45 PM

I see under settings>users>my user>Access Rights Product variations (not supported) What should I do?

VVolt
on 11/7/13, 1:55 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

3 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 3/17/13, 7:22 AM
Seen: 2827 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM