Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to Install & Configure Asterisk -Elastix PBX to Odoo

By
sam
on 6/3/15, 3:24 AM 6,159 views

Hi Friends,

I would like to know, how we can connect Odoo to Asterisk Elastix IP PBX, & how we can configure to show incoming popup as per the DID we set.

Your help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance.

Samad

j3st3r
On 6/3/15, 3:41 AM

Hi, Sam.

1) You should download asterisk connector from github: https://github.com/OCA/connector-telephony

2)unzip it and copy to your addons folder (for me it /usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/openerp/addons)

3) install pip (aptitude install python-pip for ubuntu)

4) pip install phonenumbers

5) pip install py-Asterisk

6) Configure AMI-user (in your case: /etc/asterisk/manager_custom.conf)

[click2dial] ; This is the AMI login

secret = mypassword ; This is the AMI password

; We deny AMI access for everybody

deny = 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0

; We accept AMI access for OpenERP server (192.168.0.42)

permit = 192.168.0.42/255.255.255.255

; We give the minimum access rights required for the click2dial feature

; For Asterisk 1.4.x, you need the “call” rights (for both click2dial and the 'open calling party' feature)

;read =

;write = call

; For Asterisk 1.6.x and 1.8.x, you need the “originate” rights (for click2dial)

; and the 'reporting' rights (for the 'open calling party' feature)

read =

write = originate,reporting

Make sure that you have AMI version 1.1-1.3, 2.6 is not supported

7) navigate to Settings - Technical - Telephony 

Create new asterisk server, configure it. 

And configure users at settings - users - telephony tab.

Also you can see official manual here: http://www.akretion.com/open-source-contributions/openerp-asterisk-voip-connector

Check this video instruction for windows: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPMr0lEMqpo

j3st3r
on 6/3/15, 3:58 AM
hoang
On 10/12/16, 11:35 PM

help me How to Install & Configure Asterisk -Elastix PBX to Odoo

2)unzip it and copy to your addons folder (for me it /usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/openerp/addons)

3) install pip (aptitude install python-pip for ubuntu)

4) pip install phonenumbers

5) pip install py-Asterisk

is setting in server of odoo? or is setting in server asterisk. please answer for me.

ahmed hegazy
On 12/6/15, 3:07 AM

to" Unable to install module "base_phone" because an external dependency is not met: No module named phonesnumbers"

:

pip install phonenumbers

then restart

Dr Obx
On 11/6/15, 9:00 AM

I got everything installed but ... i can't connect. All the time getting error 111

Problem in the request from OpenERP to Asterisk. Here is the error message: [Errno 111] Connection refused

Any suggestions ?

sam
On 6/3/15, 3:48 AM

Thanks for your Valuable quick response.

I have installed Odoo 8 on Windows Server. Is it possible to connect Odoo with Asterisk ?

However, I have unzip folder into Add On, i try to click on install on Asterisk_Click2dial, it gives error

" Unable to install module "base_phone" because an external dependency is not met: No module named phonesnumbers"

How can i install successfully, Any suggestion or solution will be highly appreciated. 

-Thanks,

Samad

the same error i facing now. Sam did you overcome that error? Can you help me?

pks
on 10/5/15, 3:31 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 6/3/15, 3:24 AM
Seen: 6159 times
Last updated: 10/12/16, 11:35 PM