This question has been flagged
5 Replies

I have install the shell module and all so added the addon path to config file, after that all so "./odoo.py shell -d v8"  is not working

Discard
Best Answer

Thanks, now it's working. By mistake i've tried do run shell as root using sudo ./odoo.py shell -d v8.

Don't forget to update modules and install shell after copying "shell" folder to "addons"

Discard
Best Answer

Are you getting some error?if yes please show the error log. Also ensure you did the following steps.

1. Install the shell addon

2. On terminal, goto the location containing odoo.py (For eg: /opt/odoo-8.0/), which also contains the addons folder.

3. Run ./odoo.py shell -d dbname

Discard
Author

yes, I install the shell module in the odoo v8 and in my odoo source code location only i am trying run "./odoo.py shell -d v8" and v8 is the db name in which shell module is also installed

Author

And it is not indicating any error also

Me too: With or without including a config file as parameters....I've got the same problem. (odoo-ve) daniel@myhost:/opt/odoo/odoo$ ./odoo.py shell -d DBDemo -c /opt/odoo/conf/odoo.conf (odoo-ve) daniel@myhosts:/opt/odoo/odoo$ (odoo-ve) daniel@myhost:/opt/odoo/odoo$ ./odoo.py shell -d DBDemo (odoo-ve) daniel@myhosts:/opt/odoo/odoo$ shifting parameters I get: (odoo-ve) daniel@myhost:/opt/odoo/odoo$ ./odoo.py -d DBDemo -c /opt/odoo/conf/odoo.conf shell Usage: odoo.py [options] odoo.py: error: unrecognized parameters: 'shell' (odoo-ve) daniel@myhost:/opt/odoo/odoo$ ./odoo.py -c /opt/odoo/conf/odoo.conf shell -d DBDemo Usage: odoo.py [options] odoo.py: error: unrecognized parameters: 'shell' The database is clean... Did somebody solved?