This question has been flagged
2 Replies

Hi all,I am using openerp version 7 in my ubuntu machine with the server setup in another virtual machine.My problem is I need to get a module installed in openerp which I have downloaded as a zip file as it was not available in Settings->Modules->Apps.What are the steps involved in installing a module in zip file format?

Discard
Best Answer

You neet to add import module from configuration menu.

for this first enable technical feature for particular user.

then follow the setp -

Technical > User interface and search Module

thenk you will see setting/module then click on it. click edit on go to sub menu .

click on add an item

in name type Import module. in action select ir.action.act_window and from drop down besid it select module import and mention sequence.

then save & close and again save it.. then refresh page. you will se the import menu in module.

thanks

Discard
Author

hi,i followed the steps you suggested.It was perfect till setting/module,but I didnt find edit option in it instead I am having Apps,Updates,Installed Modules,Update Modules List,Apply scheduled Upgrades etc under the modules menu

Try this... [1] Activate "Technical Features" for admin user [2] Settings->Technical->User Interface->MenuItems [3] Edit "Settings/Modules" [4] Add submenu called "Import" with "Action: ir.actions.act_window" and "Module Import" [5] Save the changes and refresh the window (You can see a new submenu called "Import") [6] Settings->Modules->Import [7] Select the downloaded zip file (attachment_size_limit-7.0.1.0.zip) then click "Import Module"

Best Answer

Try this... [1] Activate "Technical Features" for admin user [2] Settings->Technical->User Interface->MenuItems [3] Edit "Settings/Modules" [4] Add submenu called "Import" with "Action: ir.actions.act_window" and "Module Import" [5] Save the changes and refresh the window (You can see a new submenu called "Import") [6] Settings->Modules->Import [7] Select the downloaded zip file (attachment_size_limit-7.0.1.0.zip) then click "Import Module"

Discard