Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to inherit and change the domain of standard rules in odoo 8.0?

on 12/2/14, 8:14 AM 1,492 views

Hi  I need to inherit the standard rule for lead object and change the domain

<record id="crm_rule_personal_lead" model="ir.rule">

I have inheritted the rule and modified the domain as per the requirement. but when ever i upgrade the domain is not getting changed

how to fix this issue ?

| 5 3 6
Jakarta, Indonesia
On 12/2/14, 8:18 AM

The rule in question (XML ID crm_rule_personal_lead) is defined in crm module.  Make sure that if you want to redefine that rule, you need to specify the fully qualified XML ID: <record id="crm.crm_rule_personal_lead" model="ir.rule">... </record>

Hi John i have given fully qualified name as you specified but even though its not upgrading

on 12/2/14, 8:25 AM

Have you put the XML file into the 'data' section of __openerp__.py? Also you would need to put 'crm' in the 'depends' section of __openerp__.py.

on 12/2/14, 9:11 AM

yes i did that also,

on 12/2/14, 9:11 AM

I'm out of ideas Maniganda. Do check the log and see if there is any errors pertaining to the loading of the rules when you upgrade. Make sure that you don't have no update turned on in the data XML.

on 12/2/14, 9:20 AM

i have tried will 3 options 1) 2) 3) but then also no use,

on 12/2/14, 11:34 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Asked: 12/2/14, 8:14 AM
Seen: 1492 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM