This question has been flagged
2 Replies

Title says it all...

I'm inheriting the view base.view_partner_form and i'm trying to hide <page string="Sales &amp; Purchases"></page> from a group called 'ajuste_did.group_did_del_sales'.

Right know I tried with

<xpath expr="/form/notebook/page[@string='Sales &amp; Purchases']" position="replace">

<page string="Sales &amp; Purchases" groups_id="[(3,reg('ajuste_did.group_did_del_saes'))]">

</page>

</xpath>

But with no positive result... Any suggestion?

Thanks

EDIT:

Now i'm having an 'Error occurred while validating the field(s) arch: Invalid XML for View Architecture!'

This is my partner.py file:

class res_partner(osv.osv):
    _name = "res.partner"
    _inherit = ['res.partner']

_columns = {
        'hide': fields.boolean('Hide'),
    }

_defaults = {
        'hide': True,
    }

And this is my res_partner_view.xml file:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<openerp>
    <data>
        <record id="view_partner_form" model="ir.ui.view">
            <field name="name">base.partner.form.inherit</field>
            <field name="model">res.partner</field>
            <field name="type">form</field>
            <field name="inherit_id" ref="base.view_partner_form" />
            <field name="arch" type="xml">
                <data>
                    <field name="image" position="after">
                        <field name="hide" invisible="1" />
                        <field name="contrato_promocional" invisible="1" />
                        <button name="generate_recurring_orders_agreement" string="Generar contrato" type="object" groups="base.group_sale_manager,base.group_sale_salesman" attrs="{'invisible': [('contrato_promocional','=', True)]}"/>
                    </field>
                    <field name="property_account_receivable" position="replace">
                        <field name="property_account_receivable" groups="account.group_account_invoice,ajuste_did.group_did_del_sales" />
                    </field>
                    <field name="property_account_payable" position="replace">
                        <field name="property_account_payable" groups="account.group_account_invoice,ajuste_did.group_did_del_sales" />
                    </field>
                    <xpath expr="//form//sheet//notebook//spage[@string='Sales &amp; Purchases']"  position="attributes">
                        <attribute name="invisible">[('hide','=',true)]</attribute>
                    </xpath>
                </data>
            </field>
        </record>
    </data>
</openerp>

'Hide' get's by default 'True' value because i'm just checking the functionality... But it gives me the error I mentioned.

Discard
Best Answer

@Aitor, first, you cannot specify group_id to a view element.  The accepted attribute is groups.  (You might be getting the code from https://www.odoo.com/forum/help-1/question/hide-menu-for-existing-group-18704.  The approach only works for records, not view elements).

In general, there is no straight forward way to hide a page from a group. OpenERP/Odoo approach is that you assign a group to an element and that group can view the element.

So, you're left with 2 workaround, AFAIK:

1. Create a function field in res.partner that will check if a user belong to the group, then return a value.  Include that column in the view and then you can use the value of this function field to trigger the invisible attrs of the view element.  For example your function field is called "hide" returns True if the logged in user belong to the (ajuste_did.group_did_del_saes) group.  Then the page should be re-defined as

<field name="hide"/><xpath expr="/form/notebook/page[@string='Sales &amp; Purchases']" position="attributes"><attribute name="invisible">[('hide', '=', True)]</attribute></xpath>

2. The other workaround is to assign a new group that has access to the page and let groups other than the one that you don't want to view the element to inherit this new group.  For example you define a new group with XML ID 'group_that_has_access'.  Let all groups except those that should not view the element (except ajuste_did.group_did_del_saes, that is) to inherit from this new group, then redefine the page as follows:

<xpath expr="/form/notebook/page[@string='Sales &amp; Purchases']" position="attributes"><attribute name="groups">group_that_has_access</attribute></xpath>

Discard
Author

The first workaround is a good one... But it does not seems to work in my case, check the edit in the main post, I have an 'Error ocurred while validating the field(s) arch: Invalid XML for View Architecture!'

Could you check the server log to see what is wrong with the XML? Also, have you tried using True, not true as the value to check against?

Author

Thank so much @Ivan, the problem was that the 't' of 'true' had to be in capital letters... Regards and thanks again!

Best Answer

Try following:

<xpath expr="/form/notebook/page[@string='Sales &amp; Purchases']" position="attributes">
    <attribute name="groups"><<your group name without quote>></attribute>
</xpath>

Hope this helps!!.

Discard
Author

But this is for adding groups, I want to unlink one group... Am I wrong?

ok.. then just write down those groups which you want ane remove the one which you don't want. The method remains the same here you can specify the comma separated values of groups.