This question has been flagged
1 Reply

If I insert index words it works. However the manual says it can also index automatic:

Quote:

Note: Supported file formats
    The Open ERP document management system can index the following file formats:
    • TXT : text files,
    • PDF : PDF files,
    • SXW : Open Office V1 files,
    • ODT : Open Office V2 files,
    • DOC : Microsoft Word files.
    The other file formats are properly handled in the document management system but their content is not indexed automatically.

This functionality is very significant. All you need to do is search for a partner name or an order number to automatically get all the documents that are referenced there. And you can use a fragment of text to find the document you need from within that subset.

So I expect all the files I "upload" to the database will be automatically indexed by the system - as documentation says - and I can search on every word through all the files in the database. Until now I can't get this working.

I couldn't see there is an index module I have to install. In some old topics I see that you have to install antiword and poppler-utils

sudo apt-get install antiword
sudo apt-get install poppler-utils

Questions:

1. Is this the method?
2. Where can I find this in the install manual?
3. If it is not there can somebody document this - if possible first starting here - and add this to the manual?
4. Are there ZIP modules available for these to install them via the Royal metod and not the above hacking method?
5. Is this thoroughly tested? I don't want to end with a corrupted database.

I didn't test this myself at this moment. I hope somebody respond to report his or her results.

Discard
Best Answer

Indexing only work on linux installations.

Required:

$ sudo apt-get install poppler-utils

And the document module.

Later you can configure the path on filesystem to store the documents.

Discard
Author

Can you give a little bit more help on poppler-utils? And how about antiword? And is configuring of the path dependend on these utils? I don't think so.

Sorry only docx and xlsx dont indexeed on windows. You need antiword for .doc and .docx indexing.

I did that and it works but polish characters are replaced by ?. What is needed to index polish characters?