This question has been flagged
5 Replies

When a Purchase order is issued, warehouse will have incoming shipments waiting to received. I have a specific needs. i.e when product is received few samples are taken from the received lot and quality check is performed on the products. If quality check passes then products are moved to store. If fails entire lot of products are rejected. number of samples taken depends on the quantity and cost.

What is the best way to implement this?

Thank you

Discard
Best Answer

The stock_location module supports 'push flows',

You can configure a push flow to send goods automatically to an Inspection location after they are received.

In version 7.0, this module is installed by checking the option "Create push/pull logistic rules" from the menu sequence Settings --> Configuration --> Warehouse

image description

Push Flows are explained more at http://doc.openerp.com/v6.1/book/5/5_14_Stock/5_14_Stock_mvts.html

EDIT: (December 18th, 2013)

One example would be an Inspection Location setup like this:

image description

Then, under Warehouse --> Configuration --> Warehouses set Location Input to this new Location.

All Incoming Shipments created by Purchase Orders will then be setup to receive to this location, with a manual Internal Move to be processed one Inspection is completed (moving items to stock).

When you look at the quantity available for items, it will exclude items in the Inspection location.

Discard
Author

Thank you Ray Carnes, Need further help. I am unable to enter detailed information here so I have added in answer field. My apologies. Thanks

Can you expand on how to create a rule? The documentation says we need to create a rule, but I haven't yet made any rules in OpenERP so I can't find out where to go to follow this doc.

Best Answer

Hello Ram,

Hope this help you http://tidyway.blogspot.in/2014/12/quality-control-management-in-openerp-v7.html

Thanks

Rohan(www.tidyway.in)

Discard
Author Best Answer

Thank you Ray Carnes.

I am posting in answer as my comments field has character limitation. My apologies.

I went through the v6.1 documents and the example given is for Quality Control. It is not very clear to me from the example.There may be some differences between v6.1 and v7. I am am creating a step by step note. So the first step is 1. I should enable Settings->Warehouse-> Manage multiple locations and warehouses. 2. Enable Settings->Warehouse-> Create push/pull logic rules. 3. Warehouse->Location-> Create New Physical Location-> Your Company ->Quality Control. Here is the screenshort http://i.imgur.com/Ud25jWA.png Is steps are correct? What should I do next?

When I process Incoming shipment, Is the flow is from incoming to Quality Control? Looks like I am missing something.

Thank you in advance for the help.

Discard

I'm stuck here too. The doc says make a rule but I don't know how to make rules yet.

Best Answer

We have implemented this out of the box in V14. To do this, we set up a "Quality Check" goods receipt warehouse, into which the goods are initially posted. Production cannot make reservations from this warehouse, i.e. the goods are in stock but cannot be used. We have then set a Quality Point on the goods receipt. The goods that are OK are then transferred to the normal warehouse, the goods that are not OK remain in the blocked warehouse for the time being. 

What I don't like at the moment is that you have to add the "Quality Check" delivery route manually for every PO (at least for the products that are affected). It would be nice if you could add this to the product, but unfortunately I don't know how.

Discard
Best Answer

An interesting fact just happened, I'm having the same problem 10 years later and it so happened to day is Odoo Experience V17 (11/08/2023) I'm sure they have developed a solution I'm just yet to find it, you would be pleased to see the strides in this version a revolutionary tool.

Discard