Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to I enable geo localization for all users?

By
Nate Dudenhoeffer
on 4/5/14, 6:08 PM 871 views

I installed the Partners Geo-Localization module on v8/trunk. that is a really neat feature, especially in combination with a mobile app.

Only the admin user can see it. How do I enable this for all user?, I don't see an option for it.

Serge
On 4/7/14, 10:54 AM

You have 2 choice, in /base_geolocalize/views/res_partner_view.xml , view id: view_crm_partner_geo_form

remove the group restriction: base.group_no_one

Or install module, crm_partner_assign, that will remove the group and add some options

I have tried your first method by editing the view, and it does not seem to work. I tried removing the "groups" attribute altogether, and I tried setting it to "base.group_sale_salesman" (restarting the server each time of course.) Neither method allowed a sales user to see the tag. I would prefer not to use the partner_assign module, because it adds unneeded options that may confuse less technical users.

Nate Dudenhoeffer
on 4/7/14, 12:03 PM

Restarting the server with --update=base_geolocalize and <page string="Geo Localization" name="geo_localization"> (no group) ??

Serge
on 4/7/14, 12:13 PM

I missed the update option. Thanks.

Nate Dudenhoeffer
on 4/7/14, 12:23 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 4/5/14, 6:08 PM
Seen: 871 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM