This question has been flagged
1 Reply

i have to run odoo v8 as website means live url can any one help me for free hosting of odoo server?

Discard

You'll need to install Odoo v8 on your server (for example Ubuntu VM), host is somewhere and then set routing on your DNS or to a website url.

Author

i have no idea regarding this..pls can you explain.

Sadly this is a rather big question. As this goes from the installation to the VM to the hosting somewhere to the redirection of the url.. You would need to install a VM with Odoo V7/V8 and give this VM an IP. Then host is on your server and make a rule in your DNS server for redirecting it for example. I myself haven't set up a domain url myself, so I'm keen to hear that part of the answer from somebody else!

Author

okk i am waiting can you give ur whatspp no?

Best Answer

There is plenty of cloud servers providers, DigitalOcean, linode, aws amazon to name a few. They also provide instructions how to set up the server (configure ssh access and stuff). Search for it on the google.

Having that, go and register a domain, e.g. example.com and point it to your previously setup server's IP address. Every domain registar have tutorial how to do that.

From the odoo website you'll have to take tutorial how to set up odoo and have it run on the server. This will leave you with working odoo instance accessible using your registered domain with port appendix, e.g. example.com:8069

If you want to get rid off the port part of the url, and type only example.com to access the odoo go and use reverse proxy for that, e.g. nginx - after configured when it receives request from example.com it will redirect the request to example.com:8069 without showing the port for the user.

As Yenthe stated it is quite complex setup and every single step depended very heavily on solution/tech/provided you've chosen, so the general answer is quite short, while detailed one will be hell long.

Should you have any question I'll be happy to help further.

Discard
Author

thnx u very much for that... i need complet steps for that.i am student so i want to host on free server so i can run odoo live please help me

If you want your own server you'd rather have to pay for that, I doubt if somebody will give you a VPS for free. If you want it free use Odoo demo.

Sadly you won't get anywhere with a free VPS, if you even find one. You could use the Odoo demo, as stated by Jakub but I do not think you can use a custom webadress then. Another way would be to host it on your own computer and use a DNS tool to forward it to an address. But this will make it a lot harder, while it is already complicated enough on its own..

Hello, can you give me some example or script for hosting site in server i have already purchase site and running on server with ip but i want running on specific domain name