This question has been flagged
3 Replies

Hi everyone. I have a little doubt. In Configuration page, at left bar, it there is Module Block, where you can access to module list, update module, installed modules... etc. I would like to hide this block for the other users that they aren't the Administrator. Is it possible? I don't want to block access to the configuration page, I just want to hide that section.

Thank you in advance.

Discard
Best Answer

First you have to have a user with technical administration enabled.

Then you have to go to Configuration>Technical>Menu Items and look for Settings/Modules

There you can assign a group that has access to this.

It depends on how are you going to handle permissions but you can set the permissions there.

Discard
Author

Thanks a lot! this works perfectly!

Best Answer

Try that, I didn't proofed that but I am sure it will work:

goto settings / technical / security / "rules application"

alter the entrys for "ir_modules_all", "ir_model_constraint", "ir_model_relation", "ir_model_access_all", "ir_model_data all" "ir_model_fields all" to a specific group you want them to see.

Discard
Author Best Answer

Now, I have other question. I created a new group (duplicated of administration/settings), but I want that the administration user had this new group and the other users couldn't see this new group. I want that the other users could only select between de "acces right" and "settings" option. Is it possible to hide this?

Thank you in advance

Discard