This question has been flagged
3 Replies

How to have the possibility to chose if you want to quote before you do a sales or if you want to leave out the quote and just go for sales..?

Some times I would need to make a Quote but most times I just need to go directly for sales of the products. Is there any way to have the possibility to just easily skip the quotation part and go directly for the sale?

How to establish this, please help..

/M

Discard
Best Answer

Dear Mats, In OpenERP Quote and Sales Order are just the same document. When you "Confirm Sale" in a quote it becomes a Sales Order. So in cases where you don't want the quote, you still just create the quote first and then directly click on the "Confirm Sale" button to make it a Sales Order directly. In cases where you need Quote first, you create the Quote, send it to client and wait for their reply before clicking the "Confirm Sale" button. That's the only difference between the two flows you wanted.

Discard
Author

Dear Farook!

Thanks, ok but then it creates the "invoice" directly... I want to send the customer and "order confirmation" first then ship and send the invoice.. How to manage this?

Best Regards / Mats,

Dear Mats, For that go to Settings->Configuration and click on "Sales". Then on the right side panel under the category "Invoicing Process" you'll have an option called "Generate Invoices after and based on delivery Orders". Check this option and save the settings. Now your invoice will not be generated automatically. After you deliver , you'll have the option to create the Invoice from the Delivery Order itself.

Hi Mats, If you find my answer useful please vote up for it

Author

Dear Farook!

Thanks.. your the man..!

How can I get and send a delivery confirmation to the customer.. ? and do you know how I my self can and get an picking list so we internally know what to do?

Author Best Answer

Dear Farook,

Thanks, but I'm not able to find this option and others on my installation.. I also parallel testing the saas version and there I can see this option and some more things that I'm missing in my installation.. But I have no ides of what module or modules to install to get this option..? It already seams like I have all the saas modules and allot more already installed.. please someone help.. /M

Discard
Author Best Answer

There seams to be nothing called "Order confirmation" in the system.. ? is there an other name for the same thing? and have to be able to have an workflow where your able to chose more flexible how to work.

I want to some times make a quote but most times I need to skip this and start with sending the customer the order confirmation as soon as the order is in the system..

Discard

Dear Mats, on top of the Quotation there is a button called "Confirm Sale". This is the order confirmation button. When you click on this quotation is converted to sales order. So in cases where you don't need a quotation, you just click on this button as soon as quotation is entered. Then you'll get the sales order in quickly

Author

Dear Farook, Ok, thanks but for the quote there is an option for me to send the to the customer but if I skip this and press "confirm sales" then there is no option for me to send a "confirmation" by mail to the customer any way to fix this?.. Also at this stage the "report" the I get from the system is a "out"list.. but I expect this is a list that I should place in the packing to the customer, so I'm still missing the "order confirmation" doc. to send by mail to the customer.?