This question has been flagged

I am using Odoo 9. I want to set up odoo to mimic our delivery routines as followed.

Here's the actual scenario. We have a physical warehouse. After a customer order is picked, the goods will leave our warehouse according to the customer's PO. When the goods arrived at the customer, some of the goods may be rejected. The rejected goods will be sent back to our warehouse and will reentered our warehouse. We then need to adjust the delivered quantity to match the final accepted quantity.

For example, the warehouse may have the following goods:

1) Product A, Lot=20170303, Qty=100 pcs

Product B, Lot=20170404, Qty=100 pcs

2) Customer placed an order with the following quantity:

Product A, Qty=20 phs

Product B, Qty=20 pcs, 

3) So an SO is created, confirmed, and picked with the following quantity and lot:

Product A, Qty=20 pcs, Lot=20170303

Product B, Qty=20 pcs, Lot=20170404

4) At this stage, the delivery is not "validated" but when checking the inventory, it should show the following:

Product A, Qty=80 pcs, Lot=20170303

Product B, Qty=80 pcs, Lot=20170404

5) Only the following is accepted by the customer.

Product B, Qty=5 pcs, Lot=20170404

6) The rejected goods is sent back to our warehouse. We updated the delivery note in our system to match exactly what the customer has accepted as followed:

Product B, Qty=5 pcs, Lot=20170404

Then clicked "validate" to complete the delivery.

7) The inventory now should have the following quantity:

Product A, Qty=80 pcs, Lot=20170303

Product B, Qty=95 pcs, Lot=20170404

-------------------

I realise odoo can achieve this out of the box if I use the "reverse" button. But what we want is to adjust the actual qty of the goods accepted by the customer and not the qty that has been sent back. Also, I don't want to have to re-pick the returned goods by selecting the lot information again (this has been done when the goods was originally picked. Picking the rejected goods is repetition).

What is the right way to set up the above? Should I use route? Should I move the goods to an intermediate location liked a transit location, then wait to get the actual delivered quantity before moving the goods to the customer's location after clicking on "validate"? Is there some way to do this thru the odoo UI or do I need to do it thru coding by implementing a custom module?

If someone has an example of a similar set up, please share it with me.

Discard