Odoo Help

how to get the caller object id for a many2many field in a tree on a form?

By
Javier Hernandez
on 1/28/14, 10:53 PM 1,276 views

I have created a many2many field on product.product, relating it to another object.

Then I created a many2many field on the other object (relating it to the product), and also added a few other columns to that object.

When the product view is displayed it fetches all related data correctly (in a tree), but there is another column that I need to add (type: fields.function - float), but the value that this function has to return depends on the product that is being displayed. Since this function is in the other object, the product_id is not on the context. How could I get the product_id in order to get the other values needed (I have to pass the product_id as a parameter to another function) to calculate the value that this function has to return?

Thanks!!

About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register

Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 1/28/14, 10:53 PM
Seen: 1276 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM