This question has been flagged
2 Replies

After doing a restore from pgadmin3 on my db I have lost the db list in the db manager. Is there anyway to get that back?

Discard
Best Answer

I assume, that you have not restored the database with the User, which is used by OpenERP. See option db_user in openerp-server.conf.

You have to use this user when you create/restore a DB.

In pgAdmin you can Right-Click the database, then Properties and then you can change the owner!

Discard
Author

UFFF... I did. Will this have any negetive effects or can I just run with it

Author

I tried that but still doesn't help. I am getting this error when trying to create a new DB in the DB Manager: ProgrammingError: relation "ir_config_parameter" does not exist LINE 1: SELECT "ir_config_parameter".id FROM "ir_config_parameter" W... Is there anyway to correct this?

Looks like you have not correctly restored the backup. The ir_config_parameter table should exist in your database.

Author

I apologize for beforehand for adding an answer when it isn't an answer but I had no way to add and image otherwise......Tried, but I don't have enough karma to up load images. Anyway, I do have the talbe in the DB and all seems correct. What else could it be?

Looks like the owner of the tables is also wrong and therefore the PostgreSQL user which is used by OpenERP does not have permissions to read it. I suggest to restore the whole Database with the correct user.

Author Best Answer

Ok, figured it out.

While I could access and login to the DB that didn't appear in the DB manager it wasn't showing up in the dropdown.

So I deleted all dbs except for my main one in postgre and then recreated a demo one through the db manager. That gave me the dropdown again without my main DB but with the demo one only.

I simply typed in the name of my main db in the dropdown and hit enter and low and behold it now appears in the dropdown.

If you help or further details just let me know.

Hope it helps someone

Discard