Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to generate custom invoice sequence

By
Krishnraj
on 11/8/13, 9:32 AM 2,034 views

Hi,

I want to generate my custom invoice sequence as per current financial year.

For exa. -- when i generate invoice on "2013-11-08" date then invoice no. generate like this - SAJ/13-14/P/0001 and now if financial year get change then it'll be changed like this -- SAJ/14-15/P/0001.
Look at the highlighted part in Invoice number.

So how can i generate financial year like this ??? OR how can i achieve this type of invoice number format ??

Thanks in advance...

Krishnraj
On 11/21/13, 7:11 AM

Hello All,

I got the solution of my above question.

The solution is:

To generate custom invoice number, you have to make changes in "ir_sequence.py" file. This file is located on following path - C:\Program Files\OpenERP 7.0-20130917-231058\Server\server\openerp\addons\base\ir

Note: Above path may vary in different environment.

Now Open that file and find this method - _interpolation_dict(self): do changes in this method as per your requirement. (Though it is not advisable to make changes in this type of file because when you update openerp then this type of changes might be lost.)
This function return dictionary, and then whatever result is there, you can use it in invoice sequence.

e.g. In openerp sequences we can insert current financial year - SAJ/%(cur_fin_year)s/ instead of SAJ/%(year)s/... where cur_fin_year is my custom defined key in above method.

That's it.

Regards,

Krishnraj

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 11/8/13, 9:32 AM
Seen: 2034 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM