Odoo Help

How to execute constraints validations in one2many field when it is being saved, not when the parent is saved?

By
Alexei R. Acosta
on 8/21/13, 12:22 PM 2,529 views

I have an object with some _sql_constraints and _constraints. This object is a column of a "parent" object, an one2many field in parent class. I need to execute those constraints and _sql_constraints validations when I save the "child" object, not at the moment of saving parent object. Please any help will be welcome, I need a solution as soon as posible....thanks in advanced!!

pd: Sorry my English.

IT Libertas
On 5/14/17, 6:48 AM

Hi,

the point is that child object is not saved until parent is saved. In order to achieve desired behaviour, you might:

1. Instead of constraints, introduce a check as onchange in validated fields. E.g.

from openerp import exceptions
@api.multi
@api.onchange('field_1','field_2')
def _onchange_field_1(self):
    for object in self:
        if object.field_1 > object.field_2:
             raise exceptions.Warning('NOT GOOD!')

Have a look for a similar example in the 'sale' module, when a partner is changed.

2. Force save of a parent object, when child is saved. It ontradicts Odoo logic! But in the onchange you may add some 'write' function, which launch check of constraints.

About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register

Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 8/21/13, 12:22 PM
Seen: 2529 times
Last updated: 5/14/17, 6:48 AM