Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to editing menu item without effecting others

By
Fransis L. Yoas
on 7/5/13, 1:59 AM 615 views

I add a new menuitem at project module lets call it Helpdesk. The Helpdesk model is from Project.Task. The problem is, when I edit the Helpdesk, it affect the task. How can I edit Helpdesk without effecting the original one? But I want use the same function as the Project.Task.

In my view you can do that by Just Duplicating the Original view and action of the Task model with different ids and then you can link the duplicated action and views so that it will use the same model and changes in the duplicated view will not effect old views.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 7/5/13, 1:59 AM
Seen: 615 times
Last updated: 6/19/15, 4:47 AM