This question has been flagged
6 Replies

I'm using OpenERP 8.0. I'm unable to edit the source code Oodo. After all, it is just a source code modification.

Can anyone tell me a solution to edit the source code. Thanks in advance.

Discard

Where you need to edit? As it was a open source you can able to edit the source code.

The way you ask the question let everybody assume that you don't know how to edit a file or that you are absolutely clueless about Odoo at all. So please be more specific.

Best Answer

There are two way to edit Odoo code:

- The first and the simplest one is editing it trough the GUI. Here you can change the view and add actions on the modules/views.

- The second, is to edit directly python and xml files trough a good IDE like Pycharm. More complicated if you aren't skilled enough but you'll gain full control.

Side note: editing directly the source code of a module isn't a good idea. It's better create a new custom module that inherit a view or a function or for creating a completely new piece of code to suit your needs . Have a look here or directly here

If is not what you need, please elaborate a bit more your question and try to add an example.

Discard
Best Answer

You can use the editor of your choice to edit the source code. You can also use IDEs like Pycharm or Pydev for Eclipse.

Discard

Pycharm community edition ROCKS! :)

Best Answer

if you are Windows you can use the notepad. I did that at first before going to eclipse

Discard