This question has been flagged
4 Replies

For example, i want to add a label to 10 customers which are filtered out , seems the only way now is click them 1 by 1 and edit /save 1 by 1. 

Is there any way to do it in batch?

Discard
Author

Thank you Yenthe and Timo, both of your answer works.

I dont have enough karma, so have to repiy you here.

Best Answer

Hi Yu,

Yes this is possible by default. If you export the records to CSV, add the labels to the records in the CSV and then import the CSV again you could add them in bulk. You can find a lot of information about this here: https://www.odoo.com/documentation/user/10.0/general/base_import/import_faq.html

If this is not what you'd like you could always do custom development. You could for example create an action in the treeview from which you open a dialog (a wizard) to specify which label to add to the selected records. This is however more advanced and more work so if you can you're probably off best with exporting and importing through CSV.

Regards,
Yenthe

Discard
Best Answer

Another alternative is to use the Mass Editing module, it can be a real timesaver when you need to update a lot of records at once. 

You can get it at apps.odoo.com or at OCA GitHub. It has been ported quite extensively to different Odoo versions.

Discard
Best Answer

Creating an action in the tree view with a dialog box would be a lot or work, I would think. I would do it from the command line using the Odoo XMLRPC API. Quite easy.

Discard