This question has been flagged
4 Replies

Hi,

This thread here http://forum.openerp.com/forum/topic32532.html teaches how to hack into an existing module in order to change the login screen.

I am wondering if it's possible to do a custom implementation without touching the core or contributed modules. If so, how?

Discard

1) Is it required to save that file on same path in our module folder like my module custom_login and want to change "web\static\src\xml\base.xml" so i have to put my created file base.xml in directory "custom_login\static\src\xml\base.xml" 2)and also some of code in __openerp__.py same put in my module's __openerp__.py

Best Answer

Hi,

The "Customize Login Page Style" app on the Odoo apps store . We can configure the login page according to our needs. For this a new option is added in the general settings and based on that we can change the alignment of login to the left, right, middle or default. Also, there is an option to change the background of login page as image, url or color.

Here is link to the app:

https://apps.odoo.com/apps/modules/16.0/web_login_styles/

Regards

Discard
Best Answer

You can use these apps (search apps in odoo apps by names provided below) to change the whole login page style.

Moreover, these apps provide the ability to define your own favicon and logo as you wish.

Apps Name:

Minimalist Login Form

Creative Login Form

Advanced Login Form

Discard
Best Answer

Hi, what changes do you want to make? If they are cosmetic changes you could create a module with a static/src/css folder with a css file that overrides the default stylesheet. You don't have to hack the source code.

Discard
Best Answer

The simplest way is to call /web/session/authenticate using JSON as follows:

{"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "call", "params": {"session_id": "SID", "context": {}, "login": "' + username + '", "password" : "' + password + '", "db" : "mydatabase"}, "id": null}

That is from a jquery function I created to handle authentication and the return value is the user ID. You'll have to retrieve the session ID from the cookie named sid to use in subsequent requests. If you use Firebug with the Net console active during a login it is very useful to see the entire process and the format of the JSON calls as well as the responses.

Discard