This question has been flagged
1 Reply

How to configure email alias in openerp 7.0? I created a sales & service customized module for a customer. Now the scenario is, if customer sent a mail to company regarding service of product, automatically create a service entry in sale & service form. If already entry created, duplicate is not allowed. How to accomplish these in openERP 7?

Discard
Best Answer

Hello Vikram,

In general, you never have to create manually an alias.

Tto get a service entry created automatically created upon the reception of an email, here is what you have to do :

1. create on your mail server a mailbox services@your_company.com
  2. in OpenERP, go to Setting\Technical\Email\Incoming Mail Servers
  3. create a new entry with the following parameters :

• Name : incoming services

• Server Name : your-mail-server-name

• Username/Password : credentials to connect to your new mailbox

• Create a New Record : you model / class

4. be sure to have your "Fetchmail Service" activated (in Settings\Technical\Scheduler\Scheduled Actions)

Note : that you will not be able to check for duplicate entries, since each new email will create a new service request.

Marc

PS: please vote if you find this answer useful

Discard
Author

Can we Customise that service, Because i have to do for filteration of duplicate for my claim process. I feel we have to maintain some unique format for Mail subject and based on that submit can we remove the duplicate entries. If i am wrong give me possible solution?

Hi Vikram,

If your really want to implement such filtering you can ad a server action while configuring your "Incoming Mail Servers". You have a good example of how to do so in this thread : http://forum.openerp.com/forum/topic31871.html

Marc