I'm wondering what is the best way to disable menu items for a give group of users.
For example, we don't want some of our users to see any of the Messaging Menu items, but cannot figure out how to remove or hide these features where it sticks permanently.
The easy way I think is:
- In settings, security: create a group nobody with no one inside et add messaging menu in menu tab.
- Go to settings -> technical -> user interface -> menu and search Messaging menu.
- Be sure on group tab you only have nobody.
Now messaging menu is not shown.
To have technical entry in setting "Please make sure that the Technical features in Settings>Users is enabled." (Shelton):
- Go tu user form for your user
- Manage right access
- check "technical functionality" right
Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!
About This Community
|Asked: 2/11/13, 5:18 PM|
|Seen: 6987 times|
|Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM|