Help

How to disable Google Analytics?

Martin

Version 7 is poisoned with Google Analytics. What is the reason for this and how can I prevent this? If I can not eliminate Google Analytics (or any other ghostware...) I will never ever be able to bring OpenERP into production mode with our company.

Discard
3 Answers
Best Answer

If you have google analytics, it's because you installed the web_analytics module which is not installed by default.

OpenERP uses google analytics to get statistics on what to improve for future versions of OpenERP. It allows the R&D teams to measure usage of the different objects to detect the ones that should be improved.

3 Comments
Discard
Daniel Reis
-

It would be fair for customers to be informed on this by the product, so that they could have a choice to opt out.

What is not fair about this? It is not installed by default and there is a description explaining exactly what it does.

Thomas
-

I think you're talking about two different things...

I see this behavior. Once I go to Settings->Apps the google-analytics JS gets included in every page header.

But we never had the Google Analytics module installed!

Nicholas Linn
Best Answer

Don't install or, if it's installed, uninstall the web_analytics module. It's not required.

Discard
Best Answer

May be a bug ?

Using Noscript addon + Ghostery addon under firefox 20.0 , OpenERP Version 7.0-20130602-231021

Log on : undetected

Go to Settings ("| Modules | Apps" selected by default) : detected by both Noscript and Ghostery

Go to Settings | Modules | Installed Modules + reload page : undetected

Check that Google analytics (web_analytics) is NOT installed : OK

Go back to Settings | Modules | Apps : again, detected by Noscript and Ghostery

Reproductible with different dbs.

Cheers

3 Comments
Discard
Thomas
-

I see exactly the same behavior. Once I go to Settings->Apps the google-analytics JS gets included in every page header.

Must be a bug surely as we never had the Google Analytics module installed!

Juanjo Algaz
-

Hi, some advance about this behavior? Thx.

Vincent Van Dyck
-

Strange bug... and probably not on the road map. G. Orwell, are you watching me ?