This question has been flagged
3 Replies

Basically 2 systems prevail for VAT purposes:

"Location based " where taxes are due (sales or purchases in the company's country) or exempted (exports), based on the location (Country) of your partner.

"product based" where VAT and applicable rates are depending from the product/service itself; this is the case for VAT.

How does OpenErp allows to setup these 2 configurations, which may co-exist for one company or group of companies?

Discard

you can somewhat have the two concepts by applying VAT to products and then use fiscal positions for partners. See question 7593/smart-fiscal-positions. Have not tried it. And it does not really solve my problem 23331/apply-partner-taxes-even-if-there-is-no-product-tax-set. There should be a way to have partner or location taxes independent of product taxes. Also, in Germany, VAT is based on location, not product. There are taxes that are genuine to products, think of luxury goods, tobacco, alcohol and the like. However, most of them also apply only to local sales, not exports.

Best Answer

Hi.

I thin kyou need to create a python function for solve this kind of proble.

1. is the product > you create a inherit of the product, like VAT class. (if you want to automasie the selection for the default VAT.)

2. You have to modify the Sale.Order.Line object, you vcan inherit the product selection, you have to check the customer country, and you can the decision for the VAT amount. (In Eu =0, or clear, Inside France isn1T touch..and so on)

This kind of event controll will helps.

https://doc.openerp.com/trunk/server/06_misc_on_change_tips/

Discard
Best Answer

I think you can solve with fiscal position.

Thanks.

Discard
Best Answer

Hi,

I did some time ago, something like this.

1.Menu account -> configuration -> tax -> fiscal position: create o update fiscal position; you should see corresponding tax (o like this). Add new line, source/original tax is your domestic tax code (that is tax code in product)  and target/correspondig tax fo customer

2.Set right fiscal position to every customer and purchaser

Hope this can help you

Antonio Maria Vigliotti

Discard