This question has been flagged
3 Replies

Hi everyone, 

I'm looking for the idea how to define total sales generated based on product supplier.

For example, when customer buy some products, I want to know that product come from which supplier and total up that sales.

But the problem is how about that product sold come from many supplier?

Lets says customer bought 7 quantities of the same t-shirt, in the stock there are only have 2 t-shirt left from 'Supplier A', stock manager already ordered new stock from 'Supplier B' of same t-shirts before this.

How do I know 2 come from Supplier A, then 5 come from 'Supplier B'?

Need some ideas, thank you.

Discard

In each product, there is 'Supplier' for that product. Are you talking about that?

Author

You're right, in each product has table called as Suppliers, I try to find out how it works but cannot find the way out. By default supplier can tile with the product when we do Purchase Order. But in my case, I'm looking on supplier performance by calculate total sales generated of that product that had supplied by that supplier. (for Reporting) I have problem when there are many suppliers tile with one product. So, how do I calculate total sales in Sales Order if customer buying 7 quantities of same T-shirts while in the product record I must take out 2 quantities from 'Supplier A' and another 5 from 'Supplier B'?

Best Answer

You'll need something like lot tracking for this purpose. See for example: https://www.erponline.vn/en/documentation/user-manuals/92-warehouse-management/260-managing-lots-and-traceability

Discard