Odoo is the world's easiest all-in-one management software. It includes hundreds of business apps:
CRM | e-Commerce | Accounting | Inventory | PoS | Project management | MRP | etc.
Hello i am wondering if its possible to setup a dashboard on openerp which will display some of the most important things to see for the logged in user?
- There is the "To-Do" in the messaging module which will display the list of tasks to be completed.
- There is a calendar which displays if there are any meetings scheduled for the day and the coming days.
- There is scheduled calls which displays if there are any scheduled calls for the day and the coming days.
- There are claims that needs a user's attention (if its assigned to them)
- There are helpdesk questions that needs a user's attention (if its assigned to them)
- Thera are tasks and issues in projects that would need a user's attention (nearing deadline)
- There will be an incoming shipments/products that is coming today that will need the purchases user's attention.
- There will be a scheduled date nearing for a manufacturing order that needs people in the manufacturing department's attention.
This is all i could think of at the moment. So, there are many things that need a user's attention when they login. But at this point a user has to go to each and every page to see what is pending for him.
Do you think it will be much easier if we can have a dashboard that will display the most important things that need a user's attention? Is something like this already exist?
You can create custom dashboards from any view/object. The dashboards are located in the Reporting application. Regarding the types of information you want in the user dashboard, you will probably want to use the "My Dashboard".
The way you add something to it is by going to each view you want to add, filtering it according to your criteria, then opening the advanced search and clicking in the section "Add to Dashboard" and select the right one. You can then organize these views according to various layouts in the dashboard.
In order to get this dashboard as the first screen at the time of login, you have to move the menu so that it becomes the first menu of the first application.
Note that the Inbox is a sort of dashboard too. It aggregated all messages from documents (or specific status of documents) you followed. As an example, you can follow a project to get warned each time a task is blocked or follow all deal lost in the CRM, all invoices to be validated, etc. The messaging system is a very simple system that allows every user to fine select what events interest him.
The menu has also a mechanims of "Need Action". When there is a number of the right of a menu, it's because the user has a few documents to check. (e.g. 4 leave requests to approve). You can click on the number to get only the documents requiring your attention.
Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!
About This Community
This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.Register
Odoo Training Center
Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.Test it now
|Asked: 3/30/13, 5:38 PM|
|Seen: 4955 times|
|Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM|