Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

how to customize warrning message box or how to add my own message box e.g. in action after click my button?

By
peterson30
on 2/7/13, 6:45 PM 4,542 views

I want to customize warning message box. E.g. I have one _constraints options on one column. I want to customize head and body of custom message. Of course I know that I can set message in _constraints but I want to control the whole message box.

And another subject. Can I add my own message box after user click on my button prepared in my own module? E.g. I want show message "Hi! Your data were saved successfully" after user click my button "proceed"

Davide Corio

--Davide Corio--
| 4 3 7
Bricherasio, Italy
--Davide Corio--

Odoo Evangelist and Consultant

Davide Corio
On 2/8/13, 6:57 PM

though it's a "dirty" solution, the most common way in OpenERP to pop up warning messages is to raise an exception, like:

raise osv.except_osv(_('Hi!'), _('Your data were saved successfully'))

Inside on_change methods, but only in this case afaik, you can "return" the warning message by doing:

return {'warning': {
                    'title': _('Hi!'),
                    'message':  _('Your data were saved successfully'),
                    }
                }

I think there is another mechanism, like the one used when clicking "Reset Password" on a user, but I do not know how it works exactly.

Fabien Pinckaers (fp)
on 2/9/13, 4:51 AM

Hi Yes sure you can raise Alert Message when saving record through JS script it is possible you have to write single line code in path addons/web/static/src/js/viewform.js on_button_save: function() { var self = this; return this.save().done(function(result){ if (!confirm(_t("The record has been saved"))) { return false; } self.trigger("save", result); self.reload().then(function() { self.to_view_mode(); var parent = self.ViewManager.ActionManager.getParent(); if(parent){ parent.menu.do_reload_needaction(); } }); }); },

vadivel
on 7/9/14, 7:30 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 2/7/13, 6:45 PM
Seen: 4542 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM