Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to create customer In Openerp v8 without sending Email?

mihir shah
on 6/23/14, 9:59 AM 6,506 views

In v8 if a user is trying to create new customer then folleing waring is being displayed 

"Unable to send email, please configure the sender's email address or alias."

If i want to create customer without email domain. Then what configuration i have to do.

One real power of Odoo is to be able to communicate with all partners. therefore email is basic

AD LIBITOM, michel Guénard
on 12/8/15, 4:25 PM
On 10/27/15, 11:08 PM

creat a user with proper format , it's ok .

but export these user ,and import to another database,

these user can't create a custom ,

it also waring

"Unable to send email, please configure the sender's email address or alias."

| 4 4 8
Ahmedabad, India

Odoo Expert

On 12/9/14, 5:26 AM

Hi Mihir,

Maybe the system is trying to send an email to newly created user but it is not able to send maybe because user Administrator's email address(login) is not in proper format. Maybe Admin user login name is just admin, try to change it to any other email address maybe your private or anonymous(nouser@nonedomain.com). Hope then it will work.

George Rodopoulos
On 8/29/14, 10:45 AM

I had the same problem and I found that the Partner that was related with my User account had no email address. After providing an email address, everything worked fine.

It's been a while since when the o.p. asked but I had the same problem and landed here after a google search. I found what was the problem in my case so...

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Asked: 6/23/14, 9:59 AM
Seen: 6506 times
Last updated: 10/27/15, 11:08 PM