This question has been flagged
2 Replies

Hello, My system is set in Euro but I buy from suppliers which are also outside the euro zone. How can set these suppliers and their related products in a different currency ?

Thank you and best, Elisabetta

Discard
Best Answer

In thaty case, you have to use multi currency (Settings -> Finance -> Tick the multicurrency, and specify your profit and loss account).

Than you have to create a pricelist for the supplier (Purchase -> Pricelist)., and specify the currency you want to use (US$, GB Pound, what ever).

Under Accounting -> Currency, you can setup the exchange rates, and also mark a currency as default (in your case nothing has to change, unless you want to change from Euro).

The prices you specify for the products are in Euro, so if you have a product X, and specify it cost 1.00, it will show as 1.26 in your order if the prices are in US$ (assuming €1 = US$ 1.26). This last behaviour is a small issue you have to think about.

Discard
Author Best Answer

Hello thank you for your support. I am trying to do this but it does not seem so straighforward to me (i am also very new with the system):

Step 1 -Than you have to create a pricelist for the supplier (Purchase -> Pricelist)., and specify the currency you want to use (US$, GB Pound, what ever). // THIS IS OK. I WENT UNDER SETTING->CONFIGURATION->ACCOUNTING->FEATURES->ALLOW MULTI CURRENCIES. Is this correct? now it asks me Gain /Loss exchange rate. Which exchange rate Euro/£is adviced to keep for the year?

Step 2 - 'Than you have to create a pricelist for the supplier (Purchase -> Pricelist)., and specify the currency you want to use (US$, GB Pound, what ever)'. /// WHEN I GO UNDER PURCHASE I DO NO SEE "PRICELIST" - WHERE EXACTLY I NEED TO GO - We are based in Europe so mainly we trade in Euro but this is a case of purchasing from a UK company for which I need to set up the £.

Sorry if i need to be more specific and thank you for your support. Elisabetta

Discard