Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to create a configuration module in v7?

on 4/16/13, 3:20 PM 1,087 views

Apparently in v6 it was : Administration ‣ Customization ‣ Module Creation ‣ Export Customizations As a Module, but I can't find this option in the v7 menus.

Mohammad Alhashash

--Mohammad Alhashash--
| 5 5 8
Giza, Egypt
--Mohammad Alhashash--

Mohammad Alhashash
On 4/16/13, 5:11 PM

This is no longer available for OpenERP 7. I do not think it was even reliable in previous versions.

You can/should configure OpenERP using XML modules as described in this answer.

Thanks Mohammad. What I liked about the v6 version was that even non-skilled staff could do it. I guess we have to start doing database comparisons to try and determine what's changed through staff configurations, and then manually create these xml files... a lot more time consuming.

on 4/17/13, 9:51 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Asked: 4/16/13, 3:20 PM
Seen: 1087 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM