Odoo Help

How to configure IDE to work with OpenERP 7

By
Dusan Stojanovic
on 6/11/14, 6:17 AM 2,491 views

I am new into pyhton and OpenERP development. I have already install OpenERP 7 and try to create some basic addon (like web_hello) but I don't have autocomplete for openerp core addons. Already on first line

from osv import osv, fields

My IDE tell me: "Unresolved reference 'osv'" nad "Unresolved reference 'fields'".

I use PyCharm 3.4, but have same problem with Eclipse PyDev.

Ludo - Neobis

--Ludo - Neobis--
| 2 2 5
Hoogvliet, Netherlands
--Ludo - Neobis--

Developer

Ludo - Neobis
On 6/11/14, 7:18 AM

It might be a good idea to point your IDE to the osv directory of your odoo installation (something like odoo/openerp/osv) as an external library. I never worked with PyCharm but in eclipse there is a menuitem like "Pydev - Pythonpath" under your project properties.Pointing this to the appropriate directory might help.

For development ease, it might also be a good idea to make a project of the Odoo branch, so you can easily look up any code in Odoo itself.

About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register

Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 6/11/14, 6:17 AM
Seen: 2491 times
Last updated: 4/15/15, 12:27 PM