This question has been flagged
3 Replies

Hi, I have a wrong tax calculation in the POS on V6.1. I have a 100% tax calculation.

Unit HT price : 100 $ Taxes : 100 $ Total : 200 $

Is anybody have an idea how to configure that properly ?

Discard
Best Answer

Hello Patrick, Hello Pierre,

in fact, the problem is not related to the Savoir-Faire Linux's module but to the POS module itself. POS has its own method to compute taxes and does not involve dependant child taxes. => it should rely on the openerp accounting module.

This can be viewable in the following file : point_of_sale/static/src/js/models.js, lines 508 to 531.

I opened a bug, hope OpenERP SA will be reactive : https://bugs.launchpad.net/openobject-addons/+bug/1231574

Regards, Marc

PS : please vote if you find this answer useful.

Discard
Best Answer

Are you trying to create a 1% tax? If so, the tax percentage amount must be specified as 0.01, not 1.0. At least this is how it works in v7...

This is not very clear in the interface should be documented/represented better IMO.

Edit: this appears to be fixed in revision 9191 (two hours ago).

See: bazaar.launchpad.net/~openerp/openobject-addons/7.0/revision/9191

Discard
Author

No, there is two taxes in Québec by default. The both taxes total is 14.975 % I don't see how to configure it and I don't understand why I have a 100% tax rate by default...

Could you give some detail of how you attempted to set it up? Which taxes are enabled and how are they configured? Just a few basic details would be helpful...

Author

I am using Canadian Accounting Localization I configured a company in $ CAD with TPS (5%) + TVQ (9.975%) as taxes by default. In the sales module, everything is fine, the tax calculation is good (In Canada, Taxes are not included in prices) Then I installed the POS, I don't know why, but every item I put in my cart is taxed at a 100% rate as I described... I thought the POS will use the taxes set by default in the system... And It doesn't... Do you know where this 100 % rate is set in the system ?

It sure sounds like a bug to me, and I don't think 6.1 is being supported with bug fixes :-(

Best Answer

I have the same problem with version 7 of OpenERP using the "Canada - Comptabilité" module developped by "Savoir-faire Linux". Maybe something is wrong in the module. I sure hope to find a solution to this!

Discard

Same bug in V8...