This question has been flagged
6 Replies

Hi, 

I want to in a form view have a field that depending on his value changes the color. 

If is diferent than zero I want this number to show in red color , if it is zero I want the field to be green. 

I've tried this way , but nothing happens.

<form string="Sales Order"> 
<sheet>
<notebook> 
<page name="SO_payment">
    <group class="oe_subtotal_footer oe_right" colspan="2" name="payment_total">                           <div class="oe_subtotal_footer_separator oe_inline o_td_label">
          <label for="to_pay" />                   
         </div> 
         <field name="to_pay" nolabel="1" class="oe_subtotal_footer_separator" widget='monetary' options="{'currency_field': 'currency_id'}" colors="{'red':to_pay&gt;0}"/> 
</group>
</page></notebook></sheet></form>

I just want the number to have the color. 

Thanks

Discard

you want only field name="to_pay" color or all fields color.

Author

I've updated the question.

Best Answer

I've been for a long time looking for a solution for that, and I've ended creating my own. It's a little of a hack but works perfectly for colouring the field's backgrounds depending on other fields values.

First I add a new meaningful class name to my field, for example 'opt_required', and use in it the odoo's built-in colouring functionality, I'll chose 'decoration-warning'

<field name="custom_field" class="opt_required" decoration-warning="company_name == 'Elektrolux'"/>

After that, in my custom css file I add the next code. The decoration-warning will trigger the .text-warning class in the case the conditional is met, otherwise the input-field won't have that class. So the next piece of css code will only work if the input has either the .text-warning class and the opt_required class, and our field will have happily its background colour :)

input.opt_required.text-warning{
   background-color: #D2D2FF !important;
   color: rgb(31, 31, 31) !important; /*We don't want the text to actually have the warning color, so we keep it the usual*/
}

Take care of adding your css file to the assets as usual, for instance like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<odoo>   
    <template id="assets_backend" name="Technical Service Assets" inherit_id="web.assets_backend">
        <xpath expr="//link[last()]" position="after">            
            <link rel="stylesheet" href="technical_service/static/src/css/styles.css"/>       
        </xpath>   
    </template>
</odoo>

And after to the __manifest__.py

'data': [
        'views/my_custom_assets.xml',   
        ],
'css': ['static/src/css/styles.css'],

Then you just need to upgrade your module, and your fields will start working as you desired.

Discard
Best Answer

If you want all fields color then give colors attribute in <tree>

<tree string="Configuration" colors="green:no == 0;red:no > 0">
    <field name="no" />
</tree>
Discard
Author

For tree the answer is rigth. But I need in a form just the field.

you need only for to_pay filed.