Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to change existing access right of some model in a ir.model.access.csv?

By
Hammad hussain qureshi
on 3/28/15, 7:17 AM 870 views

I want to replace the existing access right of a model for a specific group with my own. I don't want to make changes in the base modules and want to achieve this by making changes in my own custom modules. Any good approach for this?

Baiju

--Baiju--
| 5 4 8
Kochi, India
--Baiju--
ODOO technical and functional

I like learning new thing, especially technical thing. I am a quick learner, I can learn technical things very fast. I have good logical skill,  I have immense interest in programming.

e-mail id : baijuks@hotmail.com

Baiju
On 3/28/15, 9:10 AM

Hi,

You can override that by inheritance by defining security file in your custom module, for that you have to do:-

- create a 'security' folder and 'ir.model.access.csv' in your custom module.

- make sure you added that file path in " openerp.py " file

- For better understanding we can take an Example. Let us assume that you want to change security access right in 'hr' module

access_hr_employee_user,hr.employee user,model_hr_employee,base.group_hr_user,1,1,1,1

- for changing this you have to define new access right in your module like this:-

hr.access_hr_employee_user,hr.employee user,model_hr_employee,base.group_hr_user,1,0,0,0 

Hope this helps....

Judith
On 11/21/16, 9:38 AM

I tried it in odoo 9 community, but i'm getting following error:  "no  dataset found for external id 'model_hr_employee' in field Object"

my code:

hr.access_hr_employee_user,hr.employee user,model_hr_employee,base.group_hr_user,1,0,0,0
hr.access_hr_department_user,hr.department.user,model_hr_department,base.group_hr_user,1,0,0,0

i got it: you've got to inherit the model thingy as wel, like so:

[...] hr.model_hr_employee,base.group_hr_user,1,0,0,0

Auditum AG, Judith
on 11/21/16, 9:53 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 3/28/15, 7:17 AM
Seen: 870 times
Last updated: 11/21/16, 9:38 AM