Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to change default journal when I create a new customer invoice?

By
Pascal Tremblay
on 1/24/15, 7:30 AM 2,523 views

How to choose the default selected journal in a new customer invoice?

How to choose the default journal according to logged user?

zbik

--zbik--
| 6 4 7
Lodz, Poland
--zbik--

zbik
On 1/24/15, 7:58 AM

You activate Developer Mode. In developer selection view you find Set Defaults. In this way, you set default value of any field.

Oh! So easy and I didn't know. Thanks!

Pascal Tremblay
on 1/24/15, 7:59 AM

It works! Thank my friend.

Pascal Tremblay
on 1/24/15, 8:04 AM

Ivan

--Ivan--
| 5 3 6
Jakarta, Indonesia
--Ivan--
Ivan
On 1/24/15, 8:15 AM

Bonus answer.  You mentioned that you want to set the default based on the logged user.  If you have a lot of users, setting it from Developer's mode is not economical.  You can access the Settings >> Technical >> Actions >> User-Defined Defaults to set it for each user.

very interesting. thanks

Pascal Tremblay
on 1/24/15, 8:16 AM

Pleasure to help.

Ivan
on 1/24/15, 8:23 AM

Hello,

if you set a condition (Type=Customer Invoice), it seems the default value is kept. You need to set this condition because there is a onchange on company_id that reset the journal id. 

Ludovic CHEVALIER
On 1/26/15, 12:17 PM

Hi!

I managed to do that by adding a condition like Laetitia Gangloff asked.

But, when I create an invoice based on an order, this condition doesn't work. :-(

How can we really change the default journal for invoices please … ?

Is someone can answer to this question?

L'Heureux-Cyclage, Ludovic CHEVALIER
on 6/3/15, 7:26 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

3 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 1/24/15, 7:30 AM
Seen: 2523 times
Last updated: 6/5/15, 8:35 AM