Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to cancel a bank statement entry

By
Mark Lewis
on 5/26/16, 11:13 AM 728 views

Hello,

I've entered bank statements, but can't delete an entry.

Is there an option on v9 like on v8 that you have to allow cancelling?

Thanks

Andy Le May
On 7/25/16, 10:41 AM

Using Version 9.0c-20160620 (Community Edition)

Have reconciled and non-reconciled lines in statement. Trash can visible on rh side but no "unreconcile" yellow arrow as in V8?

Mark Lewis
On 5/27/16, 6:52 AM

I needed first to install the cancel journal items module

then change the settings of the bank journal in developer mode to allow cancelling entries.

Fabrice Henrion (fhe)

--Fabrice Henrion (fhe)--
| 7 7 8
San Francisco, United States
--Fabrice Henrion (fhe)--

Director Odoo USA

Fabrice Henrion (fhe)
On 5/26/16, 11:07 PM

Assuming Odoo 9 Enterprise (might be the same in v9.0c):

• Go to Accounting > 'More' on the bank journal > View bank statements

• Open the statement you want to edit

• Click Edit

• Click the trash icon next to the statement line you want to remove

• Additionally, if by 'cancelling an entry' you mean unreconciling the statement line with the journal item, then click on the yellow 'Cancel' icon on the statement line.

On v9 I don't have a yellow cancel icon against a statement line.

Mark Lewis
on 5/27/16, 3:06 AM

If the line is black, it means that it has not been reconciled with a payment in the statement reconciliation widget. In this case there won't be a yellow icon. If the line is grey, it means that it has been reconciled and the yellow icon will be displayed. So I guess you didn't reconcile your statement lines and therefore there is nothing to unreconcile.

Fabrice Henrion (fhe)
on 5/27/16, 3:32 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 5/26/16, 11:13 AM
Seen: 728 times
Last updated: 7/25/16, 10:41 AM